Cocaine Arrest in NYC or NY?
You may face one or more criminal charges if you are arrested for possession of cocaine while in New York or NYC. Need a criminal lawyer? Contact Lisa for a free consult 24 hours.
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance such as cocaine is a class A misdemeanor.
- If you knowingly and unlawfully possess 500 milligrams or more of cocaine, you are likely going to be charged with a class D felony.
- It’s a class C felony to have an eighth-of-an-ounce or more of a narcotic preparation in your possession.
- When you knowingly and unlawfully possess cocaine or another narcotic with intent to sell it, the charge may increase to a class B felony.
- Possessing a preparation containing cocaine that weighs four ounces or more comes with a class A-II felony charge.
- Criminal possession of a preparation containing eight ounces or more of cocaine is a class A-I felony.
If you are accused of selling cocaine in New York City, you may be charged with anything from a class D felony to a class A-I felony. Some of the factors depend on the age of the person you sell the narcotic to and the amount of drug you attempt to sell.
Another cocaine arrest could come from injecting the drug into someone else’s system, with their consent, of course. That is a class E felony.
Lisa Pelosi is ready to put her 30 years of legal experience in New York City to work for you. Her expertise in the legal defense field has helped numerous people find an amicable solution to their problems. Lisa is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.