Why Choose The Law Office of Lisa Pelosi?
- Lisa is a former prosecutor with more than 30 years of experience in the New York legal system as well as a seasoned trial and appellate attorney
- Thorough knowledge of alternatives to incarceration (ATI) programs
- Competent, aggressive legal strategies intended to have sentences reduced or dismissed
- An expert in every area of criminal law
- Handles state and federal cases
- Reviewed as one of the top criminal lawyers in New York
- Lisa cares about her clients and will support you throughout the entire process
- CALL HER FOR A FREE CONSULTATION ON WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT. (917) 670-7063
What to Do If You Are Arrested in New York
If you have been arrested, the best thing you can do is wait until you can contact Lisa Pelosi, your dedicated criminal defense attorney. That said, the following seven points outline some of the most important things you can do to protect your rights.
1. Always ask for your lawyer and await further instruction from Lisa (917) 670-7063.
2. If you are contacted by a detective, contact your lawyer and say nothing. They may encourage you to take the opportunity to tell them your side of the story, but you risk compromising your case and giving them evidence to use against you.
3. Even if you are not contacted by a detective, the police may ask you to give them a statement after you have been arrested. The police will often say things like:
- Why not provide a statement if you aren’t guilty?
- If you confess now, you may get a lighter, more favorable sentence in court.
- However, under no circumstances should you say anything about your arrest or the situation leading up to it, even if you believe that saying something will help your case. The best thing you can do is wait for further instruction from your lawyer.
4. Never sign a Miranda card that waives your right to remain silent or your right to have a lawyer present — your Miranda right to protect you from questioning that could incriminate you and compromise your case.
5. If you are asked to make a video with the police and/or prosecutor, you should deny the request and await further instruction from your lawyer.
• In fact, the only information you should give them is your name and the statement that you would like to speak with your lawyer.
6. Once you have been released, it is imperative that you schedule an appointment with an experienced criminal defense lawyer like Lisa Pelosi (917) 670-7063. Lisa is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and will work closely with you to help you understand your options and create a defense strategy that keeps your best interests in mind.
Have You Been Charged With Any of the Following Crimes?
Aggressive, competent legal representation is just a phone call away.
Contact a Criminal Defense Lawyer You Can Trust
At The Law Office of Lisa Pelosi, we understand that being arrested can be a difficult and life-altering experience. With more than 30 years of experience in the New York legal system, Lisa will work tirelessly to ensure that your rights and interests are protected. Lisa has worked with hundreds of people just like you who deserve a strong, competent criminal defense lawyer in their corner.
First and foremost, Lisa will work with you to ensure that you understand the charges you are facing. She will then develop a plan to have your charges either reduced or dismissed entirely.
Some charges cannot be reduced or dismissed. In these cases, Lisa will fight for you in court and do everything she can to secure the best possible outcome in your case.
Don’t wait another minute to contact a criminal defense lawyer who will fight for your rights.
Contact The Law Office of Lisa Pelosi today for a risk-free consultation.