Arrested for Weapon or Gun Possession in NY?
You may be considered guilty of illegal possession of weapons in New York City if you:
- Possess any one of a number of dangerous weapons. Just a few include: electronic dart gun, switchblade knife, sand bag and cane sword.
- Have any dangerous or deadly instrument or weapon that you plan to use on someone.
- Have a rifle, shotgun or firearm in most buildings or on the grounds of an educational facility.
- Are a convicted felon and you have one of several types of firearms.
- Are not a citizen of the U.S. and you have a dangerous weapon.
- Have been certified as a person who isn’t supposed to have a dangerous weapon.
- Possess a bullet that contains an explosive substance designed to detonate on impact.
- Have any armor-piercing ammunition you plan to use criminally.
Any one of these crimes is considered a class A misdemeanor. There are greater charges for any additional crimes related to illegal possession of weapons, and the penalties increase with each level. That’s why you should contact Lisa Pelosi immediately if you’re facing criminal charges of any nature, whether they’re for illegal possession of weapons in New York City or another crime. Lisa will take your call any hour of the day and arrange for a time to meet with you to discuss your case. Let Lisa Pelosi put her experience to work in defending you against any criminal charges you are up against. Call now for a free consult if you have been arrested for weapon or gun possession.